Preference to work at least part time out of our Brooklyn, Washington DC, or Oakland offices. Can be remote from any U.S. time zone for the right candidate.
US Digital Campaigner
350.org is a global organization fighting for a safe climate and a better future — a just, prosperous, and equitable world built with the power of ordinary people. With the growing climate crisis, the future we are fighting for is one where we stop the fossil fuel industry and take bold action to transition to 100% renewables.
We’re looking for a creative, driven, flexible, and savvy Digital Campaigner to drive bold, effective campaigns in the United States with an eye towards building long-term grassroots power.
We’re looking for someone who thrives on a team but can work independently remotely; is comfortable using digital tactics and tools to organize communities; excited by the fast pace of rapid-response campaigning; has an understanding of climate change and US politics; is an excellent writer with acute attention to detail; and able to think outside the box and craft compelling content under short time-frames. We’re looking for someone who is committed to building a better world, and with the talent and heart to deliver.
Is that you?
About the Job:
The US Digital Campaigner will identify, develop, and implement multi-platform digital campaigns, and collaborate with other 350.org staff and partners on online-to-offline organizing and mobilization strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a web-savvy strategic thinker, an experienced digital campaigner, a solid project manager, and a talented writer in English.
The US Digital Campaigner will:
- Develop strategic online pressure campaigns (including but not exclusively petition campaigns) that both deliver change and grow the climate movement in breadth and depth.
- Craft compelling email, social media, graphic/meme, and other web content to support campaign goals, educate 350.org’s audiences on climate change, and shine a light on inspiring stories from the climate movement.
- Identify, cultivate, and coordinate with partner organizations as needed to accomplish strategic and/or growth goals.
- Drive online audiences to take offline action and support 350.org’s mobilization efforts with strategic digital recruitment.
- Engage offline action takers and supporters with compelling digital content that deepens their commitment, invites them to take further action, and empowers them to connect with the broader climate movement.
- Liaise between project teams, the U.S. digital team, and global digital team, as well as work with the communications team to develop aligned messaging and content.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 2-5 years of experience in digital campaigning in support of movement-building activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with fluency in English. Ability to write for a variety of audiences and platforms.
- Strategic campaign development expertise and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized, and able to manage multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality.
- A resilient and flexible team player who is a fast learner, can handle a fast paced, high pressure, highly collaborative team culture.
- Experience with intersectional advocacy work on issues of race, class, and gender.
- Efficient time and workload management skills.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of and dedication to the climate movement.
- A nuanced understanding of the U.S. political landscape with an inclination to shake things up.
- Experience with developing online tools for decentralized campaigning
- Experience at the intersection of online and offline organizing, mobilization, and direct action.
- Experience using the online platforms employed by the digital team, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Action Kit, Action Network, Control Shift Labs, and WordPress.
- Connections to progressive political spaces including volunteer and professional networks.
- Comfort working with colleagues in multiple time-zones via slack, conference calls, and other online tools.
- Proven ability to maintain a healthy work/life balance in fast-paced, high pressure working environments.
Position Type: Full-time
Application Deadline: This position is open until filled.
Start Date: August 2017 (flexible)
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with skills and experience
Location: Preference to work at least part time out of our Brooklyn, Washington DC, or Oakland offices. Can be remote from any U.S. time zone for the right candidate.
Application Information: We hope to begin the interview process by as soon as possible, but this position is open until filled.