The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Product Support Specialist to be a key advocate customer experience in the design and support of Twilio products. This role is responsible for providing design input relating to how the customer will interact with the product as well as providing feedback on customer painpoints that are encountered. This role is also responsible for ensuring support readiness for the product prior to release and ensuring that supportability issues are highlighted and addressed throughout the product lifecycle. This position is critical to ensure that our customers get the best results from the Twilio products that they use and will ensure that they feel supported when issues arise.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of supporting customers through bot
- 2+ years working with a customer facing support organization.
- 5+ years experience as a front-end developer
- Experience with data analysis using spreadsheets and associated tools (i.e. Pivot tables, charts, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree in a similar or comparable technical field.
As Product Support Specialist, you will:
- Provide the link between our Customer Support Team and the Product Engineering Team.
- Ensure that the Support Team is prepared to support new product releases and work with them to identify and address skill and knowledge gaps.
- Provide a second tier of support in addressing complex customer issues and will share your expertise in these situations by coaching as needed.
- Work with our Product Engineering Team to provide Design for Supportability input to ensure that our products have the right level of self-service tools for our customers and the right diagnostic tooling for our Support Team.
- Share the Voice of the Customer and share pain points with the Product Engineering Team through regular meetings and reports, using data to show why we need their help and assisting them in prioritization.
- Work within the Product Support Specialist Team to foster best known methods and best practices to help elevate the team and standardize excellence. You are relentless in the pursuit of improvements while at the same time valuing progress over perfection.
- Travel required up to 5% of the time for regional training and trips to HQ.
The Customer Success and Support team serves a critical role in ensuring that our customers are delighted with their experience with Twilio’s products and to ensure that customers can trust us to be there when they need our help. The Product Support Specialist works closely with Support and their respective product teams to ensure that the support that we provide is effective and timely and that we communicate issues that are impacting our customers to the responsible internal teams.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
While working remote, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.