At Deft, we are our clients’ most trusted advisor. You might recognize us by our prior name and legacy as ServerCentral Turing Group, but Deft reflects who we are and the capabilities we bring to our clients every day.
The Deft team humanizes technology. We actively listen to our clients, learning and collaborating to develop tailored proposals that perfectly fit their needs. Then we proceed to design, build, operate, secure and scale unique technology solutions with a singular purpose: to deftly deliver on the promise of technology.
We are looking for a Technical Operations Manager with a passion for technology to join our Engineering Operations division to lead technical initiatives and provide mentorship within teams. You have a passion for technology, operational excellence, and prudence. You are excited by the thought of building world-class next-generation technology solutions delivered on time with accuracy and precision, creating and refining operating procedures, and overseeing general day-to-day technical operations.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience with resource planning, technical project management, a natural talent for mentorship, and a sound understanding of the technologies Deft supports, such as cloud hosting, managed infrastructure, storage, networking, disaster recovery, and backup as a service. In addition, our ideal candidate is highly organized with a meticulous eye for detail and leads via technical excellence.
- Drive the operational excellence of solution delivery using technical project management principles.
- Function as an escalation point for Engineering Support staff
- Lead by example and instill a high-performance culture focusing on teamwork, service excellence, and ownership of customer issues.
- Lead, manage and drive the 24 x7 Engineering Support Administrators in the day-to-day support of Deft clients.
- Create and update support processes documentation, implementation plans, and checklists.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the team and drive change as needed to improve and refine service delivery.
- Ensure operational support procedures and practices are well defined, documented, maintained, and consistently implemented.
- Client runbooks and technical product documentation for all managed and cloud services products meet quality standards and are up to date.
- Collaborate across multiple departments and management teams to deliver a cohesive support experience in customer-facing and internal-facing engagements.
- Adherence to Change Control process and ensuring compliance requirements are met as an individual and by the team.
- Champion lifecycle management of Deft products and platforms while managing the technical debt of client and internal solutions
- Continuous process feedback to constantly evolve our ability to automate, monitor, and deliver solutions.
- Contribute proactively to implementing divisional strategy and implementing change within the team as needed to ensure it can provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Identify technical gaps in the Engineering Support Administrator team and determine training and development paths to maintain Deft’s standard for solution support.
- Monitor and track Objectives and Key Results to ensure overall business objectives are met and department performance levels are maintained.
I’m interested…is this the job for me? We are looking for:
- 5 + years of experience with managed services delivery and management of support team.
- Robust experience leading the creation of a best-in-class service support group
- Possess a strong technical background supporting solutions-based products and services.
- Experience in end-to-end support of custom as well as packaged enterprise solutions.
- Ability to manage client expectations, manage issues, identify, and mitigate risks and handle client escalations.
- Deep experience in process improvement activities leveraging process discipline to deliver solutions at scale
- Nurturing and mentoring in-house talent to take up higher roles as needed.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and lead others.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Understands and can articulate technical ideas to non-technical people.
At Deft, our culture and core values are important to us. As a diverse team of passionate pathfinders, we deliver on the promise of technology. If this sparks your interest, we’d love to chat with you!
- Make a difference for our clients daily
- Find a way forward
- Push to your potential
- Care, and show up for each other
Benefits: Paid PTO/Vacation time, RTA and CTA Transit Benefits, 401k with 4% employer match, free employee collocation and cloud account, technology allowance program with monthly payroll reimbursement, Life Insurance/Long Term Disability, Health Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun and casual work environment.
Deft is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Deft is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
As part of this commitment, Deft will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.