At Deft, we are our clients’ most trusted advisor. You might recognize us by our prior name and legacy as ServerCentral Turing Group, but Deft reflects who we are and the capabilities we bring to our clients every day.
The Deft team humanizes technology. We actively listen to our clients, learning and collaborating to develop tailored proposals that perfectly fit their needs. We proceed to design, build, operate, secure and scale unique technology solutions with a singular purpose: to deftly deliver on the promise of technology.
We are seeking a Solution Architect to join our Engineering Architecture Team. You will work in a pre-sales role alongside our Sales Team to anchor the delivery of stellar service and expertise to our current and prospective clients. Acting as a trusted advisor alongside our Sales and Technology teams, you will provide an invaluable experience.
- Identify, qualify, design, develop, and present solutions based on business requirements and restrictions.
- Craft strategic and technical responses for presentations, proposals, SOWs, and other complex engagements.
- Develop and leverage key client relationships, including at the executive level, to earn trust and win business through a consultative selling approach.
- Create cost-engineering and profitability models for large customer opportunities.
- Remain current on industry standards and best practices related to our products and services.
- Consult with other Solution Architects on complex technical issues, sales processes, and training concerns.
- Work with Sales, proactively manage the opportunity pipeline to ensure each opportunity receives the required architectural support in a timely manner
- Engage with domain-specific architects within the Engineering Architecture team on complex enterprise solutions
- Create supporting documentation and / or tools to facilitate and improve the sales process.
- Listen to client problems / issues and work with Sales team to develop viable solutions to meet current and potential future needs.
- Ensure solutions are accurately and completely scoped for our implementation team to deliver services.
- Foster a collaborative environment between Sales and Engineering Architecture to ensure quality technical artifacts can be delivered in a timely manner to meet customer expectations.
- Demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise on solutions and services.
- Engage and represent the company through public speaking opportunities to customers, prospects, conferences, and industry forums.
- Participate with other Solution Architects in regular technical training for the Sales team.
I’m interested…is this the job for me? We are looking for:
- Minimum 4 years in IT or IT consulting
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Customer-facing sales experience
- Professional qualification or a degree in a technical discipline
- An excellent candidate will be able to demonstrate mastery of the following subjects: System administration with working knowledge/experience on both Linux and Windows AND
- Familiarity with Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions provided by using hyperscale cloud services
- Working knowledge with virtualization technologies: VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, or KVM
- Ability to create and run customer-facing presentations
- 2-3 years in ISP / Data Center / Managed Services or related industries providing technical sales support specifically covering (i.e. dedicated and shared VM platforms, disaster recovery, managed services, data migration services)
2-3 years in an AWS or Azure Cloud Service Provider or related practice providing technical sales support (including cloud fundamentals, core cloud capabilities, and advanced cloud capabilities).
At Deft, our culture and core values are important to us. As a diverse team of passionate pathfinders, we deliver on the promise of technology. If this sparks your interest, we’d love to chat with you!
- Make a difference for our clients daily
- Find a way forward
- Push to your potential
- Care, and show up for each other
Benefits: Paid PTO/Vacation time, RTA and CTA Transit Benefits, 401k with 4% employer match, free employee collocation and cloud account, technology allowance program with monthly payroll reimbursement, Life Insurance/Long Term Disability, Health Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun and casual work environment.
Deft is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Deft is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
As part of this commitment, Deft will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.