Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that gets you smarter, faster with news that matters. We’re hiring a Data Scientist!
Why it Matters: We are a data hungry organization with incredibly interesting problems to solve. Our team is looking for a new member interested in telling actionable and compelling stories about the data we are collecting to better inform our company’s decision-making and strategy.
The Details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Highly collaborative and comfortable working on a distributed team
- Self-motivated with high attention to detail, ability to think critically and problem solve
- Ability to learn new technologies and comfortable prioritizing multiple projects at once
- Experience delivering on a wide range of data science projects using Python and cloud-based solutions
- Highly analytical with solid experience in analysis, math and statistics
- Analyze large amounts of complex raw and processed information to find patterns that will improve our understanding of user behavior
- Solve challenging analytical problems, which requires working with large and complex data sets, including machine learning.
- Experience applying appropriate analytical methods and experimental design (training models, feature development, regression testing)
- Excellent programming skills in Python, R, & SQL to extract and manipulate data
- Comfortable with Jupyter Notebooks, and relevant Python libraries such as Pandas and Numpy
- Experience building complex visualizations and translating data analytics outcomes into clear visualizations understandable to our internal team members; Tableau experience a plus
- Ability to partner with internal teams to define questions and scope of analysis to provide business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) based on rigorous analysis
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend