Customer service is often taken for granted. “Just do your job,” they say. “That’s what we’re paying you for,” they say. Not here. At Packlane, we see it as an art form. Because great service—where details matter most, problems get solved (not deflected), and relationships are built—is magical. We know that without the right person representing us on the front lines, we don’t stand a chance. Our customers come to us because they want the best for their business. And the best starts with you.
What you’ll do:
- Show off your proficient, positive, and proactive personality in every communication with our customers—not just on email, but also on live chat where thinking on your feet is key.
- Be a steadfast Know-It-All when it comes to order status, product info, technical issues, pricing and more. And if you don’t know it all, you’ll know how to track it down. Fast.
- Keep our customers’ accounts up to date, managing refunds or credits when necessary.
- Interact with customers via our internal tools as well as our social media accounts.
- Remember that part about solving (not deflecting) problems? Yeah, that.
Who You Are:
- A total go-getter. You’re bored if you’re not rapid-task-switching and you think in parameters. Nothing is more satisfying for you than Inbox Zero.
- You’re excited to be the face of Packlane to the other businesses who order with us. You’re ready to share your personality, think critically, and problem-solve from start-to-finish. You’re into video chatting with your coworkers and you jump at the chance to collaborate with other teams at Packlane.
- Detail-obsessed. You love to discover anything overlooked and live to aggregate the complexities. You plan the tough solutions and find it super rewarding to turn things around with worried customers.
- Enthusiastic and patient. You look forward to being part of a fun, close-knit support team that leads the fun company culture at Packlane as beacons of diplomacy, friendliness, and responsiveness all the time, ever. A communicator at heart, teamwork and clarity keep you going when the work piles on.
- Accountable. Dependable. And all the other good -ables. You know what they are.
Required Technical Skills:
- Print and design. You’re familiar with printing processes and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Project management systems like Trello and Jira
- Google Docs
- Slack, including threading and emoji proficiency 😉
- Basic spreadsheets
- Touch typing 65wpm or faster, with very few typos. Excellent grammar and consistent use of spell check.
- Comfortable with fast use and rapid tailoring of Saved Replies and macros
- Self-directed fast learner. We try new systems frequently.
Nuts and Bolts:
- Work from anywhere! This is a full-time, remote position.
- $13-$15 per hour
- Up to $250 per month reimbursement for your healthcare premium
- Can live anywhere between coasts, but must be US based at this time.
- At this time we are only hiring candidates from the following states: Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Nebraska, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, and Wisconsin.
Principles only. We will not accept recruiter referrals for this position.
Packlane is an online B2B printing startup that is pioneering a brilliant solution to the packaging needs of businesses from small and medium enterprises to larger corporations. You will be working for a company that is breaking new ground in the way brands order and design the packaging that contains their products.
They say good things come in small packages. At Packlane, we believe great things come in custom packages, whether they’re small cartons, large printed shipping boxes, or anything in between. With a variety of shapes, colors, materials, and sizes, we give you the tools to create something exciting on the outside, thus exciting your customers about what’s on the inside.
As the only company that provides a custom design lab, live preview, and instant quote, we not only give you the freedom to unpack your creativity and develop your own design, but we also help you do it efficiently. And if you’re having trouble, we’re here to assist with anything from design to technical support.