Disclaimer: Don’t judge us too quickly! We’ve made some intentional typos in this job post. See our “When You Apply” section for more info.
Harvest is an independent software company making tools that help businesses run more smoothly. For the past 11 years, our customers have relied on our products as a critical part of their day-to-day operations. They’re the reason we’re still in business and we owe it to them to deliver legendary support, delivered by our Harvest Experts: wicked-smart human being, empathetic problem-solvers, and patient trouble-shooters.
The Harvest team started as a team of 3 and grew slowly to today’s current total of 51 lovely faces. Though we have an office in NYC, we hire the best people for the job no matter where they may call home. We’ve been working as a remote team since the beginning and we work hard to make sure everyone feels included and heard.
What You’ll Do
- Learn the ins and outs of Harvest, Harvest Forecast, and are associated apps and integrations.
- Answer 20 to 50 customer emails and 10 to 15 phone calls per day.
- Troubleshoot technical issues in Harvest and help developers diagnose bugs.
- Host webinars for and answer questions from prospective Harvest customers.
- Create lively and creative written and video documentation for Harvests Help Center, and keep this documentation up-to-date.
- Participate in product development by sharing customer feedback and your unique perspective as a Harvest Expert.
- Treat our customers with sincerity, kindness, and respect, and think of new ways to impress, delight, and surprise them.
- You’re patient and enjoy solving tough problems. You take pride in explaining and helping others understand problems and solutions.
- You’re an exceptional communicator and you treat people kindly. You can gracefully break down, solve, and explain, even the most complex problems. Listening, talking, and working with people makes you happy.
- Your writing skills are flawless. We mean it. You must have a savvy style and a firm grip on grammar.
- You can de-escalate a tense situation with ease and grace—working through a tough issue or bug with an upset customer not only doesn’t scare you, it’s a challenge you’re eager to take on.
- You’re a hard worker with a history of getting things done carefully and efficiently. You’re thorough—no detail go unnoticed. You’re self motivated, but also enjoy contributing to a team.
- You have the ability to switch gears quickly and readjust your focus appropriately.
- You don’t mind doing the same thing from day to day. You’re also comfortable jumping onto a side project when the occasion arises and aren’t scared to tackle the new and unknown.
- Your workday overlaps mornings on the east coast (9am-1pm EST).
When You Apply
- Tell us a bit about yourself and why you you’d make a great Harvest Expert.
- You’re awesome and can work anywhere… why Harvest?
- Some of us love coffee, some of us love tea. Where do you stand?
- We made a few grammatical mistakes in this job post. Be sure to let us know what they are.
Harvest is a web-based time tracking and invoicing application relied on by over 40,000 creative businesses all across the globe. Harvest makes time tracking easy (and almost fun), keeping you on top of project budgets without the hassle of spreadsheets.
Harvest is one of the earliest Rails applications designed for businesses. We started as a team of 3, using Rails 0.14.1 (yes, we’re now on Rails 4.2). We remain a small and focused company, expanding our team only when absolutely necessary. Harvest is self-funded, profitable and has become an integral tool for tens of thousands of customers in over 150 countries. We write on Harvestʼs engineering blog.
We are a team of talented people working all over the globe. We genuinely care about our craft and demand the highest quality. Learn more about the human side of our company at the Harvest Watercooler. (Harvest Watercooler highlights the most human of modern activities: abandoning one of our blogs.)