Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world’s developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
You’re a seasoned product marketer in the Ad Tech space. You understand developers. Analytical and creative. Collaborative and independent. You work well with cross-functional partners, especially Product and Sales. You value the insights of users and customers to create compelling product messaging that shapes their experience and influences their decisions.
What you’ll do:
In short: We are seeking a Sr. Product Marketing Manager to help expand our portfolio of products currently offered to advertisers on our sites (Stack Overflow & Stack Exchange). These include traditional digital ads and content based advertising.
In greater detail: You will be the dedicated Product Marketing Manager for the Advertising team. While everyone at Stack Overflow contributes to developer happiness, your job is to serve developers by enhancing their experience through advertising. Our approach to advertising is unequivocally developer-first. Your mission is to understand our developer users, what they need, what they don’t realize they need, and how our digital ad buyers can have meaningful interactions with them.
- Partner with the Product Managers to influence the roadmap and prioritize which new products and features should go to market
- Develop, manage, and execute the go-to-market playbook for new products and features, collaborating with Product, Marketing, and Sales to determine effective launch strategies to drive trial, engagement, and customer happiness
- Conduct user and customer research to uncover rich insights to inform product decisions, messaging, and sales collateral
- Create product narrative and positioning to distinguish our offering from competition
- Develop and adapt core product messaging for web, email, and educational content
- Establish domain expertise: Develop a deep understanding of our two-sided market (developers and marketers) and how our product line serves our users’ needs
- Determine, measure, and report on KPIs for all of your initiatives
What you’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of product marketing experience
- 3+ years of Ad Tech experience overseeing the conception, development and go to market strategy for digital ad products
- A solid knowledge of the Ad Tech space including the competitive landscape
- Experience communicating with/engaging developers and enhancing their experience through full understanding of what they want and how digital ad buyers can have meaningful interactions with them
- Excellent writing skills and a passion for product storytelling
- Experience in user/customer segmentation, research, and persona development
- Experience leading complex, multi-stakeholder projects from start to finish
- Experience working with Product Management, Sales, UX Research, and Design
What we value:
- Servant Leadership: The best managers lead by empowering and inspiring their team to do their best work.
- Collaboration: The best products are created when people from different backgrounds and disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect and trust.
- Transparency: Trust is built on openness and transparency. If there is not a good reason to keep it a secret, we share it.
- Inclusion: We do our best work when we can be our whole selves at work. We’re committed to policies and benefits that support people, and managers who foster an open and inclusive culture.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, and free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.