We’re looking for an experienced, collaborative, data-driven Email Marketing Specialist to join Zapier’s marketing team. Zapier is on a mission to help everyone be more productive. Over 3 million professionals already use Zapier to save time at work, but there are millions more to reach and educate!
Working within the marketing team, the Email Marketing Specialist will set up and deploy email campaigns and lifecycle programs—from start to finish. You’ll work closely with program managers, product marketers, and product managers to develop plans and strategies, targeting the appropriate user segments to achieve business goals. You’ll also collaborate with internal teams of engineers, designers, and copywriters to create and test emails.
This position will require technical skills and strong attention to detail.
If you’re interested in launching your career at a fast-growing and profitable company, read on.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
We encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
You’re an experienced email marketer. You’ve been building and coding emails for 3+ years and are comfortable using HTML/CSS to build an email from scratch. This isn’t the first time you’ve worked with an ESP, CRM, or marketing automation platform to create complex lifecycle programs. (at Zapier, we use Iterable.)
Relationships with subscribers matter. Email subscribers are more than inboxes to send to, they’re people who you want to help build a strong relationship with Zapier. You think about how every email you send provides value to the reader and helps them succeed.
Have an exceptional eye for detail. You recognize that emails are unforgiving and a small error or typo can’t be fixed once you push send. Small things like the copy on a button can improve a user’s experience and result in better engagement.
You’re a scientist at heart. Email effectiveness can ebb and flow and you’re not afraid to experiment with new ideas to achieve higher engagement. When you need to make a decision, you rely on data and back up your work with numbers, not just anecdotal evidence.
Well-written copy brings a smile to your face. You aim to help readers reach their goal with clear and concise copy, not perplexing prose.
You have an eye for design. You may not spend your days designing interfaces, graphics, or other assets, but you know when you look at elements of an email if there are changes that could improve the reader’s experience.
Process makes perfect. You’ll juggle a variety of fast-moving email projects. Email can make a big impact on user experience and our business metrics, and you’re keen to build processes that you and your team more effective over time.
You pride yourself on organization. Email onboarding flows, sending schedules, product copy style guides, and user journey maps—these items are music to your ears.
Email is something you geek out on. You love talking about new ways to build emails, performance metrics, and debating whether or not the fold exists in email. You also stay on top of email trends, best practices, and strategies.
Things You’ll Do
- Manage the email channel for your marketing pod. You’ll provide expert knowledge into campaign decisions, build and manage emails and templates, segment users into lists, test and deploy campaigns, and report on results and insights.
- Ensure emails are rigorously reviewed and tested for different scenarios before sending them out. This includes checking that they display correctly on different devices, load dynamic content accurately, and don’t contain typos or grammatical errors.
- Collaborate with program managers and data engineers to create highly personalized and relevant email communications for our users.
- Understand the role of email in the overall user and partner experience and help build the lifecycle strategy.
- Work closely with internal teams to support their business goals via the email channel.
- Analyze email performance data and identify opportunities to experiment. Prove out hypotheses to grow our email engagement.
- Be an advocate for our subscribers. Ensure every email we send provides value and creates a positive experience.
- Use your knowledge of email to help the team build best practices and comply with email legislation like CAN-SPAM, CASL, and GDPR.
- Create a maintain a map of the user journey, showing all the emails your team sends and how they enhance the Zapier experience for our users and partners.
- As a part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
For the past seven years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
If you want to work remote, that’s great. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. Our team of 200+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get tointeract with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How to Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate. Please make sure to answer each question. After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.