We are looking for a Technical Writer to produce a high-quality curriculum that contributes to the overall success of our students. You will work collaboratively with our squad leads, mentors, and senior staff to create several high-quality checkpoints.
- Produce high-quality curriculum that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Produce all text in Markdown, all video in mp4/m4v compatible format, and all images in jpg format
- Write easy-to-understand checkpoints that meet the specified objectives for each checkpoint
- Meet deadlines as assigned or communicate roadblocks as they arise
- Well versed in Markdown.
- Comfortable in Slack, Email, Google’s Office productivity suite, and other standard office software.
- Ability to dedicate a minimum of 15 – 20 hours per week to this role.
Bonus points if you:
- Have written curriculum, screencasts, or tutorials in the past.
- Are able to produce high-quality screencasts.
- Previous contractor/remote working experience
Pay is $55 – $75/hour depending on experience. This is a 1099 contractor role. So you can work from wherever you like and set whatever hours you like, so long as the deadlines are met and you keep submitting work as you go. We are expanding our curriculum often and like to stay on the cutting edge. So if you like fun, consistant, flexible work. we can provide it
Bloc is an intensive online bootcamp for aspiring developers and designers. Bloc relies on the time-tested apprenticeship model, combining experienced mentors and industry-vetted curriculum to offer students around the world a more accessible and effective alternative to an offline bootcamp. Bloc was founded in 2011, and has raised $8.5M in cumulative venture investment from Shasta Ventures, Harrison Metal, Baseline Ventures, First Round Capital, and Learn Capital.
In April 2012, we began tutoring neophyte web developers over video chat. At the time we worked from our house-office in Palo Alto. We learned a lot, and since then we have focused on building a learning platform that enables high quality learning at scale. In late 2012 we raised a seed round of investment and relocated to the Financial District of San Francisco.
Now we're helping thousands of students around the world launch new careers in development and design. Our structured, mentor-led programs are highly effective and delivered entirely online, so aspiring developers and designers can study on a schedule that fits their life constraints.
COME INNOVATE WITH US
We're a product-driven team committed to providing outstanding experiences to our students and mentors. If you or someone you know wants to make a positive impact on education, tell us why you're interested and an example of work. We are actively recruiting full-stack software engineers with excellent product taste.