We believe that our approach towards Technical Product Management is truly unique. We objectively define each product in terms of the market it serves and the technology it leverages.
We uncover market-gaps by identifying CIV (Challenging, Important or Valuable) problems specific to that domain. We employ a standardized process to elicit relevant information from SMEs and succinctly describe each CIV Problem.
We then define Core Functionality (CFs) which the product will implement in order to address each CIV Problem. Through a combination of CIV Problems and CFs, we are in a position to analyze the product-market fit in an objective, standardized fashion. A CIV problem without any CFs is a remaining gap, while a CF which doesn’t address a CIV problem represents unnecessary complexity.
Once we have articulated the product-market fit, we turn our attention (and most of our time) towards identifying the Important Technical Decisions (ITDs) that will provide this core functionality in the most effective way.
Success as an SVP of TPM requires deep technical skills across a variety of technologies in addition to exemplary communication skills
Specifically, candidates must have
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline, (M.Sc. or Ph.D. preferred)
- 5+ years of hands-on production code development and architecture experience in Java or C# on a scalable, commercial product
- 5+ years experience in a senior architecture role at a leading software company, or as CTO/technical co-founder at a smaller company or successful startup
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, and the ability to identify and articulate patterns in unstructured and unorganized content
- 5+ years of experience being responsible of approving other people’s technical design decisions
- Primary decision maker for how individual cloud services should be used correctly as a part of what you were building