We’re running an Online Hiring Event this coming Saturday to hire Database Chief Software Architects ($100K/yr).
Online Hiring Events are live forums designed to enable you to understand the role and requirements through an interactive Q&A session followed by a self-directed testing process. The testing takes between 3-5 hours to complete. It’s worth taking the time to finish all the tests because we evaluate every single complete application to find the top talent.
This event will include all testing required to apply for the role. Upon grading the tests, and if you advance, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager.
We are looking for experienced Database Chief Architects to join Crossover. Our ideal candidates are highly motivated, goal-oriented, and team-focused with a passion for supporting customer-facing services, processes, systems and infrastructure.
This position will work to assure the overall availability and performance of production services against availability and quality SLAs. You will respond to alerts or events that impair or degrade services and could cause outages that impact availability. You will identify root causes, single points of failure, and eliminate them through remediation and execution.
A successful candidate should be able to proactively plan, implement, and maintain DB operational services, backup and recovery; scaling and capacity planning activities; and administration and management of all database software patches and upgrades.
This role will also support the database application programming activities of engineering or professional services staff as needed. You will work in day-to-day troubleshooting of application issues and data fixes. You must be able to handle heavy workloads, multi-task efficiently and be able to switch gears in a moment’s notice.
This position is 100% remote.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of hands-on experience as an Oracle Database Administrator in a production environment
- At least 3 years of experience in an architect or similar role in last 5 years leading/mentoring a team of 5+ heads
- Database Administration experience in MySQL and MSSQL is desired as well.
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning databases to provide high availability service
- Detailed knowledge and experience with database backup and recovery, export/import, tools and techniques.
- Experience with configuring and maintaining virtual servers
- Experience with AWS cost optimization and service management
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach
- Demonstrated success as a problem solver, result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfortable “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world. We do a lot of Skype and video conferencing
- Good proficiency in English language
These are the recommended and minimum system requirements for participating in the online hiring event.
Any one of the below database engines, based upon your skillset and the project you are going to choose:
-SQL Server 2012+
Join our community of remote professionals!