- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the team
Scribd’s Content Operations team is responsible for tracking and diagnosing all products available from our publishing partners so that the maximum amount of content is available to our subscribers. We are looking for a high-energy individual to participate in that responsibility by onboarding new publishing partners, tracking the ingestion of their digital content, and working with team members, other Scribd employees, and our publishing partners.
We are looking for a well-organized, autonomous, and detail oriented person who is adept at multi-tasking and able to solve problems in real time. Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must.
The position is available in SF and remote.
- Onboard new publishers by working with the Content Acquisition team to manage new publisher relationships and coordinate content ingestion logistics.
- Assist with metadata and content aggregation, normalization, processing, and quality assurance.
- Communicate with client publishers about our expectations and requirements, and provide snapshots and breakdowns of their account status.
- Work with the CO team to develop and document processes so that deviances from the norm can be identified and tracked with minimal effort
- 2+ years digital operations or book publishing
- At least 1 year of experience working at a fast-paced tech start up (in any capacity)
- Knowledge of book metadata standards including BISAC and ONIX
- Intermediate or advanced skill with Excel
- Experience with technical writing and one or more bug tracking and helpdesk/CRM systems a plus
- Experience with XML, SQL, and UNIX/Linux a plus
- 4 year degree or equivalent work experience
- Work experience providing access to code or SQL coding opportunities
Why we work here
- We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
- A budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- We have a lot of trust with very little bureaucracy
- Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
- Coffee and tea runs every afternoon
- Apple laptops and Thunderbolt displays
- Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Safari West, Stinson Beach, ski trips, etc.)
- In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team on The Muse! https://www.themuse.com/companies/scribd
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.
Based in foggy San Francisco, Scribd is building the the world's best way to read. Since we launched our subscription reading service in 2013, our readers have clocked more than 20 million hours of reading and listening across all genres.
We’ve partnered with some of the world's leading publishers to build a library of more than one million books, audiobooks, and comics, including New York Times bestsellers, Pulitzer Prize winners, celebrity authors and narrators, beloved comics series, acclaimed graphic novels, and reader favorites across every genre, and we get new arrivals every day. We also combine industry-leading discoverability and personalized recommendations by our editorial experts to guide our readers to their next favorite read.
In addition to making the best subscription reading service around, we've also built the world's most popular open platform for publishing and sharing documents of all kinds. Since launching the original Scribd platform in 2007, our users have shared more than 80 million documents via Scribd, from landmark court filings to business presentations to academic papers from scholars around the world.