This is a contract position.
Udacity’s mission is to democratize education. We’re an online learning platform offering groundbreaking education in fields such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, robotics, virtual reality, and more. Focused on self-empowerment through learning, Udacity is making innovative technologies such as self-driving cars available to a global community of aspiring technologists, while also enabling learners at all levels to skill up with essentials like programming, web and app development. Udacity is looking for people to join our Learning Products team. If you love a challenge, and truly want to make a difference in the world, read on!
Udacity is hiring a Content Developer to join our iOS Nanodegree team. As a Content Developer, you will build and improve the learning experience for thousands of students enrolled in our iOS Developer programs, including the iOS Nanodegree program, and you’ll play a key role in designing, building and implementing new mobile development programs.
Are you passionate about teaching and learning? Does the idea of positively impacting the lives of thousands of students thrill and delight you? If you answered “YES!” to all the above, we want to hear from you!
What we’re looking for:
- An ideal team player: You are humble, hungry and people-smart, and you thrive on a diverse team.
- A doer: You are detail-oriented, obsessed with excellence, and personally offended by mediocrity. You can’t wait to roll-up your sleeves and get things done.
- An open communicator: You demonstrate empathy for our students and your colleagues, and are comfortable holding yourself and your teammates accountable for meeting shared goals.
- A lifelong learner: You are always learning something new, and have a passion for improving the quality of and access to education for fellow students worldwide.
- Develop and build outstanding learning experiences for students seeking to master the Swift 4 programming language.
- Build and own the development of new content in our iOS Nanodegree programs to ensure that Udacity is providing the best educational experience on the planet for aspiring iOS developers at all levels, from true beginners to advanced students.
- Create and deliver recorded content including headshots and screencasts as required by the course outline.
- Work closely within a tight-knit team, giving and receiving feedback to create the best new learning products together.
- Build sample apps, draft project instructions and create rubrics for assessing student work fairly and completely.
- Strong proficiency in Swift 4.
- Experience teaching technical topics.
- Experience taking online courses and programs (Bonus points if you’ve taken any Udacity courses or are a Nanodegree graduate!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.