Our mission at Udacity is to empower our students land their dream job in tech through relevant, industry-approved education. We believe that education is a lifelong pursuit, not a one-time event. As technology advances exponentially, the skills gap between job-seekers and career opportunities continues to grow. Udacity is dedicated to closing this gap by offering accessible, affordable, engaging, and highly relevant higher education to the world.
At Udacity, our students always come first. As a Community Manager, you will coordinate between our students, product teams and Udacity Mentors, to ensure student success. You will be working among a team of 4 Remote Community Managers reporting directly to the Udacity Scholarships team that sits in the Udacity headquarters (in San Francisco) as well as our partners at Google. Each community manager will be responsible for a segment of Scholarship students enrolled in a program funded by Google. For more information on the scholarship program , please have a look at our Application Landing Page, as well as this video portrait of one student from our previous Google scholarship program in Europe, which ran from January until July 2017.
You will work with an international team to engage a large community of scholarship students spread through Europe + Turkey, Israel, Egypt and Russia and maintain quality feedback to our students to ensure high graduation rates and student satisfaction. You will help organize engagement campaigns, provide strategic direction to optimize operations and create helpful career resources for the community. If you are solution-driven, people-focused, and looking for an opportunity to make an impact, we are looking for you.
- Be a strong advocate for Udacity students and the company vision.
- Develop and manage all aspects of relationships with students and course mentors and serve as main point of contact.
- Organize and facilitate content-related subject matter expertise to students.
- Recruit, onboard, support and engage community of students in online (email/content marketing) and in-person events.
- Anticipate and identify potential student misconceptions, drop-off points and region-specific challenges.
- Provide strategic direction for the Scholarship program manager by developing and codifying workflows that support students and mentors with various tools (Email Marketing, CRM etc).
- Execute engagement campaigns and projects and deliver results within scope, time and budget, and react quickly to changing student needs.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of a project’s course logistics and content.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically, additional European languages, Russian or Arabic are a plus.
- At least 1 year of experience in Community, Student Support or Project Management, ideally related to EdTech, traditional education, or professional training.
- Flexibility in using or learning to use different methods for tracking and conveying information such as Zendesk, forums, chat programs and email marketing software.
- A people person with outstanding communication skills and empathy.
- A strong team player who enjoys collaborating, asking for help when necessary and getting things done without an ego.
- Self-driven, willingness and ability to work flexibly and remotely as well as travel in Europe to meet with students (if need be).
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional teams and efficiently to get things done.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.