Apps are more important than ever, deeply affecting culture, politics and our wider society. And everyone from coders, designers, and artists to activists, students and educators are creating cutting-edge web apps on Glitch. So we’re looking for a Lead Editor to research, write and share stories about these inspiring creators and their incredible creations.
In this new position, you’ll write and establish an editorial process that makes Glitch.com a destination filled with unique stories about apps and how they impact our lives, and culture.
You’ll spend your days:
- Researching the best projects and unique stories from the Glitch community
- Writing compelling articles that showcase apps and cover themes that reflect and inform popular culture
- Commissioning new, original illustrations and interviewing developers
- Working with a diverse range of influencers from across tech and culture to guest curate editorialized collections of apps that show the depth and breadth of creativity on Glitch
- Build out a team of freelancers to work with
- 5+ years journalism or blogging experience, creating and managing long-form written articles, and delivering on a content calendar.
- A unique ability to spot a story, and take it from conception to finished publication.
- Experience working with a blog platform or CMS.
- Familiarity with editing images.
- Be self-directed and happy to set and meet deadlines.
- A deep understanding of technology, the arts, and popular culture, with an informed perspective on new and emerging trends.
We’d be particularly delighted to hire someone who has:
- Experience as an editor, running a team and setting an editorial agenda.
This position is based at our beautiful new office in Lower Manhattan, though we’ll happily consider US remote candidates as well. While our office is in New York City, about half of our employees are all over the US and the world. When you work at HQ, you’ll be in a brand new office, carefully and thoughtfully designed to give each person both private and collaborative work spaces. You’ll be part of a remote work culture where all of our meetings are online and apps and tools like Slack and Google Hangouts are the normal way to communicate. Remote workers never end up struggling to hear a meeting where everybody in the office forgot that someone was on the other end of a speakerphone.
We offer fair, competitive, and transparent pay. The range for this position is $95,000 to $130,000 and we look at factors like your experience to determine our offer, which comes with a comprehensive benefits package. We don’t negotiate because we make our best possible offer up front—no games. To see an overview of our benefits, please visit our Careers Page.