This role is fully remote within the US, so requires US work authorization.
Column is looking for our first Head of Growth Marketing to establish Column as the leading solution in an emerging market. The Head of Growth Marketing will lead a team of marketers responsible for the product, channel, and field marketing initiatives that drive demand for our core public notice business. They will be responsible for recruiting, training and developing marketing team members into an engaged and results-oriented department. The role will report directly to our COO, Josh Hone.
What You’ll Do:
– First Week: You will learn about Column’s mission and vision, seek to understand our existing product, channel, and field marketing initiatives, and begin meeting folks on the team. We’re a small company that’s growing quickly, so interpersonal rapport is essential.
– First Month: You will earn your team’s trust and being to provide individualized coaching that boosts performance. You will develop an initial strategic plan that lays out initiatives, metrics, and resources needed to achieve demand generation goals for the business. You will pursue a blend of quick wins or short-term improvements while building a solid foundation to drive long-term growth and customer delight.
– First Six Months: You will develop and execute on a multi-quarter product, channel, and field marketing strategic plan. You will be involved in setting and meeting or exceeding demand generation goals that drive growth of our public notice business. You will manage the marketing budget, including paid and owned channels, to consistently deliver an acceptable to stellar return on investment with some multi-year anticipated payback periods.
– First Year: You will build an engaged, high-performing, and results-oriented team of marketers through developing the current marketing team, planning for future hiring, and hiring skilled marketers. You will be an impactful leader at a rapidly growing tech start-up that believes we have the potential to be a once-in-a-generation company.
Our Ideal Candidate:
– You’re looking for a remote-first role working with wildly talented people who care about their impact on local communities.
– You’re a successful people manager who has led a marketing or sales team selling a technology solution (SaaS, e-commerce, marketplace, ad-tech) and would be excited to connect us with a few current or former direct reports who will rave about you.
– You have experience in B2B marketing with progressive individual expertise in product marketing, demand generation, and/or account-based marketing (e.g., Demand Generation Specialist to Demand Generation Manager to Marketing Manager)
– You have worked at a company that scaled from $1 to $10 million in revenue during your tenure as a marketer, salesperson, or leader.
– You take pride in applying a rigorous, analytical, and data-informed approach to building out marketing strategies.
– You have a strong desire to exemplify our operating principles (https://tinyurl.com/yatetao2) — be worthy of trust, do work that matters, never stop learning, intentionally build community, and tell a better story.
– You have grit and really want to work with us — if you do not resemble our ideal candidate, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in an optional cover letter.
Compensation and Benefits:
Column is built on the belief that important information should be accessible to the public. As such, we work hard to model this behavior for potential Columnists by including our base compensation in all job descriptions and making our full benefits accessible online (https://tinyurl.com/y8pjqrb2).
– For US-based candidates, we offer on-target earnings of $170,000 – $215,000 with a 70/30 base variable split with incentive compensation based on achievement of demand generation targets, plus a meaningful equity stake and 401k plan with a 5% match
– For candidates outside of the US, we use a market multiplier and 12-month trailing conversion rate to convert on-target earnings into local currency. We also offer a meaningful equity stake and retirement plans relevant to the country (e.g., pension plan in UK).
– In addition, all Columnists receive healthcare, vision, & dental coverage for them and their dependents
– Unlimited (and encouraged) paid time off with suggested 15-day minimum and 16-weeks paid parental leave
– Multiple stipends for you to invest in a home office setup and pursue wellness activities that make you feel healthy and whole
Column is the first collaborative public notice platform helping publishers, governments and legal services work together to inform their communities. We are a remote-first public benefit corporation with an in-person headquarters in Miami, FL.
To us, people are everything. Our current Columnists are wildly talented people from around the globe. We support and challenge each other. We address real problems that people face in their communities. We believe that we have the potential to be a generational company that will change the world as we know it. Will you join us?