Coastline is the fastest-growing driving school in the US, on a mission to eradicate car crashes. We are a people-first organization, and our technology sits at the root of the industry-leading experiences we deliver to our customers. Everything we build is meant to improve the lives of our students and instructors, often as a direct result of the feedback they give us. This collaboration between engineering, product, instructors and students is what has allowed us to grow fast while maintaining the highest people-first standards.
About our stack and team:
Our customers, both instructors and students, interface with our services through our React web-app backed by Firebase services. Lessons are scheduled by algorithms implemented in Python that use neural networks (TensorFlow/Keras) to construct efficient routes for our instructors while providing maximum availability to our students. (Think traveling salesperson problem where you don’t have all the information before-hand.) As a frontend engineer, you will focus on the web UI built in React, while also helping maintain the services that power it. You will tackle complex engineering problems in a small team working alongside Coastline’s founders who have built the service from the ground up. We deploy code multiple times a day so the work you do this morning could improve someone’s life this afternoon.
– Have a high level of autonomy to work on our React UI, Node backend and core Python scheduling logic
– Take concepts and ideas to production and improve the product experience for our customers
– Be one of the first non-founder engineers at a high-growth startup, with long-term career growth opportunities
– Self-motivated, with an entrepreneurial attitude
– Someone who loves a challenge and thrives in a startup environment
– Obsessed with learning and self-improvement
– Collaborative by nature – you like to give input and ask for it, too
– Detail-oriented to maintain standards while working on a small team
– A supportive, collaborative work environment
– Encouragement to learn new things, make mistakes, and improve your skills
– A healthy work-life balance – people first means family first
– Freedom and flexibility to let your creativity and enthusiasm for helping rid the world of car crashes flourish
– 2+ years of experience with React
– 4+ years with any programming language
– Bonus: Experience with Google Cloud, Firebase, Python, TensorFlow, MongoDB, GraphQL
– Full- or part-time available
– Coastline is 100% remote by design
– Full-time includes paid time off, health, vision and dental benefits
– Salary dependent on experience
How to apply:
Apply with your resume or portfolio. Include GitHub links and side projects when possible. And please let us know why helping rid the world of car crashes is important to you. We look forward to learning more about you!
Equality and diversity is part of our core value of people first. It’s everyone’s job to ensure that we create an open, caring and inclusive workplace for everyone qualified and motivated to help us end car crashes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. That means that we support diversity and inclusion and do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law or local ordinance.