Indiegogo was started with the simple mission to democratize the way ideas get funded and become a reality. Our founders—struggled to find funding for projects and charities that they were passionate about due to a fundamental flaw in the system: for centuries, access to funds has been controlled by a select few. Since 2008, millions of Indiegogo contributors have empowered hundreds of thousands of inventors, musicians, do-gooders, and filmmakers to bring their ambitions to life.
With campaigns launched in 235 countries and territories and more than seven thousand campaigns running at any given time, we’re the world’s largest crowdfunding platform and distribute millions of dollars every week.
Whether a campaign is raising $1,000 or $1 million, each campaign–creative, entrepreneurial or cause-related–is moving forward because, at its core, Indiegogo is a way for people all over the world to join forces and together, do anything.
We’re a remote-first organization with teammates across the nation. We’re a team of inventors, musicians, triathletes, activists, filmmakers and writers, united by our love for the creativity and ingenuity we help enable across our site. We are a team of committed, results-driven industry leaders and pioneers who are passionate about our mission: To empower people to unite around the ideas that matter to them and together bring those ideas to life!
The BI team is looking for a Business Intelligence Associate who is passionate about analytics and business strategy. You will help the team learn more about our business, teach others in the company about analytics, and improve the use of our data at Indiegogo. Crowdfunding is still a new and exciting industry that is taking over the world and you’ll be an integral part of it, providing data-driven insights that inform significant company decisions.
- Work cross-functionally with the product, marketing, engineering, sales, and operational teams on diverse projects
- Develop meaningful analyses to shape company and product strategy
- Help build and maintain our analytics infrastructure from raw data through to automated reporting and dashboards
- Design experiments and perform statistical analysis on the outcomes
- Train users across the company to access and analyze Indiegogo data sources
- Respond to ad hoc data requests from across the company
- Bring previous experience in data analysis to the table
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and prioritize workload effectively
- Work with a small, dynamic and highly visible team
- S. degree in a quantitative field
- 1-3 years of experience in data analytics or equivalent role
- 1+ years of experience with creating reports using Excel
- Intermediate SQL skills, with a solid understanding of how relational databases work
- Experience creating reports and data visualizations with a self-service BI tool like Looker, Power BI, or Tableau
- Experience with statistical analyses
- Strong intuitive problem-solving skills
- Experience with the primary tools we use: Looker (LookML), Matillion ETL, Redshift, git
- Experience with Python or R
***REMOTE POSITION*** Indiegogo is a remote-first working culture that offers coverage for office space where ever you reside domestically.
This role is open to remote US residents. We are currently accepting applications from all parts of the US however International applicants are not currently accepted for the HQ team. Please note that all qualified candidates should have US sponsorship or residency to work in the US.
Indiegogo is an equal opportunity employer and complies with the San Francisco FCO.
Indiegogo is committed to respecting your privacy as a job applicant. Please visit our Job Applicant Privacy Statement in our Privacy Portal for more information on your privacy rights and how Indiegogo processes your personal information.
For this role our target annual base salary range is $75K- $95K. Final salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
This position comes with:
– Medical, dental & vision coverage
– Life & disability insurance
– Pet insurance
– Tax-advantaged health accounts
– 401k (Traditional & Roth)
– Mental health & fertility services
– 20+ days of paid time off annually + holidays
– Paid Parental Leave
– And more!