Our mission at Simple is to help people feel confident with their money. We focus on beautiful interfaces, transparent policies, modern technology, and extraordinary customer service.
You’ll partner with the brand team leadership and internal and external creative teams to plan, create, launch and optimize brand campaigns and programs that generate awareness about who we are, what we stand for and what we offer.
The Simple brand team refines the true story of the company and brings the brand to life through campaigns, thoughtful communications, meaningful relationships and beautiful design. We’re an experimental and genuine group of people inspired by our mission and the impact we can have on people’s lives.
You have a creative and strategic mind, but you really find your calling bringing ideas and strategies to life. You’re highly organized, take pride in building aggressive yet doable schedules, and experimenting to get the most out of a dollar. You operate from a place of urgency because you’re inspired, and you bring that out in others. You’re the person people want to share an idea with, because you quickly see where they’re headed, take the challenge by the horns, and turn it into a real thing. Then you watch, learn and optimize it to make it better–or kill it off and focus elsewhere.
What you’ll do all day:
- Develop and manage the planning, launch, implementation and optimization of authentic campaigns and programs that connect with our target audience and build awareness for our brand.
- Own the work plan: develop schedules, key milestones and action items to ensure all stakeholders are delivering on action items
- Take the Simple brand and translate it to specific campaign ideas with a clear measure of success.
- Oversee external agency relationships, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with internal partners to turn rough ideas into actionable and thoughtful plans that you execute against.
- Analyze markets, brands, products, consumers and key trends to support conceptual development of programs and campaigns.
- Establish success metrics and monitor business activity (campaign and brand performance, consumer insights & trends, budget, etc.) to optimize brand team programs and projects; own the team performance & metrics dashboard.
- Provide some support for internal brand program (includes internal communications, speaker series, brand trainings).
We’d like to see:
- 5-7 years experience managing the launch of consumer campaigns across digital channels
- Very strong project management experience
- Account management skills applied in a creative tech realm
- A mindset that focuses on results–metrics, budgeting and optimization experience with small to large scale campaigns
- Good ideas that you came up with yourself, that you developed, launched, performed
- Strong experience managing and building vendor relationships and building bridges internally
We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we’re not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention processes, as well as our office culture. We want a great coworker in addition to a great Brand Manager — passion, humor, and desire to learn matter the most to us. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, we say go for it, and apply!
In your cover letter, please provide two examples of brand campaigns that you’ve managed. How did you measure success with those?
Why Simple’s a Great Place to Work
- Based in Portland, Oregon– a beautiful place to live and work (or just see in the background if you work remotely).
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We actively consider how we can improve employees’ quality of life–both inside and outside the office.
- Committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We actually like and respect each other.
- We give a damn about what we do, both as individual contributors and as a company on a mission to change banking. We’re passionate and nerdy about our work; in fact we’re kind of that way about things outside of work, too.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an accommodation in the application process.
A background check will be required for this opportunity.
Simple provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Simple complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
By submitting this application, you certify that the facts contained in your application are true and complete to the best of your knowledge. If you are employed, false statements on your application will be grounds for termination.