Empower is a high-growth financial technology company on a mission to expand access to fair credit to give anyone in the world the opportunity to improve their financial security and mobility. We dream up and launch one-of-a-kind features that help our members get money instantly whenever they need it, save for the future, and rewrite their financial story. Our members see Empower Cash Advance as a life-saver, Empower Automatic Savings as a game-changer, and the new Empower Thrive line of credit (currently in beta, launching soon) as a lifeline to low-cost borrowing and the only practical path to building good credit.
Empower is backed by Sequoia Capital, Blisce, and Icon Ventures. Are we the next great place to grow your impact and accelerate your career? We think so:
Inc. ranked Empower #56 in the 2023 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in the US (#55 in 2022). Forbes put Empower on its 2023 list of America’s Best Startup Employers. Fast Company recognized the new Empower Thrive line of credit in their 2022 list of the Next Big Things in Tech.
WHAT EMPOWER OFFERS
Generous equity package
Full healthcare benefits
Technology expense reimbursement
Work from anywhere
We are looking for a Brand Designer to produce high-quality, high-performing digital assets in a collaborative and results-oriented environment. Projects range from web landing pages to social media graphics, email marketing templates, and basic video editing to help the marketing team acquire new customers and boost community engagement. The ideal candidate is creative and resourceful in solving marketing problems and is well-versed in delivering visually impactful designs across a variety of digital channels. You’ll join the marketing team and partner closely with other functions. This is a unique opportunity to actively contribute to Empower’s brand language.
- Develop and execute visual concepts and digital designs for a variety of channels, including social, search, web, and email
- Partner with marketers to quantify creative performance and translate insights to future creative development
- Partner with other brand and product designers to create a cohesive, consistent presentation of the brand in market
- Deliver projects on time and according to the specifications and budget outlined in the brief
- You will be actively contributing and defining how the brand should be used across our product ecosystem and touch points, ensuring consistency and cohesiveness in all brand communications
- 3+ years of relevant digital design experienceA strong portfolio showcasing a variety of design projects across a range of channels (email, landing pages, print materials, paid advertising for meta)
- You have an eagle eye for typography, composition, and color application
- You’re fluent with Figma, Adobe Suite, and best production practices for digital
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, learn, and apply new design trends, techniques, and standards appropriately
- Ability to give and receive feedback and communicate honestly and respectfully
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- You take pride in your work and you strive to improve continuously over every project you work on
At Empower, we hire for people that push themselves to understand others and seek out ways to challenge their personal assumptions. Our hope is that by fostering such an environment, we strengthen our business and relationships by putting people first. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workspace where everyone (regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics) feels like they belong. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match up to our job description, you should feel empowered to apply regardless!