Bustle Digital Group is seeking a part-time, remote Commerce Writer to create affiliate content for all of our digital properties (Bustle, Elite Daily, Romper, and others). Writers will produce informative listicles and slideshows featuring products our readers will love across a wide range of categories (assignments can range from topics like “The Best Underwear For Working Out” to “Random But Genius Products For Millennials”)
The goal of this content is to compel readers to purchase the products that are suggested in the articles. The success of an article is measured based on the affiliate revenue it earns — this means a strong candidate needs to not only be a strong writer but a great product marketer, too.
The ideal candidate should have 3 or more years of experience writing for online or print, ideally in the beauty, tech, or lifestyle space. Previous experience with commerce or affiliate content writing, reporting, and SEO a plus! Most importantly, candidates should be knowledgeable and passionate about researching products, especially those found on Amazon!
Candidates must be able to work remotely at least 2 to 3 days per week, Monday through Friday, during normal business hours. Please do not apply UNLESS you have this availability.
Examples of Commerce Team Stories:
- Write assigned shopping guides and product roundups
- Do market research for assigned articles
- Reach out to experts as needed
- Work closely with your editor to ensure that articles are informative, conversational, and optimized for affiliate
- Availability to work remotely 2-4 days per week during business hours, M-F (Do not apply unless you have this availability)
- 3+ years of editorial or copywriting experience
- Previous CMS experience
- Excellent time management and organization
BONUS if you have previous experience with:
- Commerce or product copywriting
- Reporting and interviewing experts by email or phone
- Working remotely
Bustle Digital Group is the largest premium publisher reaching millennial women. Every month, nearly 80 million readers turn to Bustle Digital Group publications — Bustle, Romper, Elite Daily, and The Zoe Report — for impactful conversation around the interests and issues engaging women today. Focusing on everything from pop culture to parenthood, Bustle Digital Group’s content leverages the power of a diverse set of voices from coast to coast. Bustle Digital Group does business with over 300 global brands, and ranks among the most popular media companies with our demographic on social media. Bustle Digital Group was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and London.