Full Stack Software Engineer
GREENVILLE, SC or Remote (USA/Canada Only)
High Alpha is hiring key team members for a new B2B SaaS startup in Greenville, SC. Base is focused on improving the work lives of Executive Assistants. We know that EAs don’t currently have a software platform that caters to their needs, and there is a need for a solid EA support community – we aim to change that!
We are looking for passionate and driven product engineers who are excited to create something completely new with a high-caliber, mission-oriented team. The ideal candidate will look forward to working alongside a collaborative team using the latest emerging technologies to design, build, and deliver a high quality, robust solution for our users.
If you’ve ever been interested in joining a fast-growing early-stage company with seasoned-leadership and significant potential as a member of the initial engineering team, this is it!
Some of the things we look for:
* 18 months+ of professional software development experience
* Professional experience developing applications using one or more of the following technologies: React, Node or GoLang
* Experience implementing and consuming REST API’s
* Experience with Node or another server-side language (Golang, Python, etc)
* Experience working and collaborating with a team of fellow engineers and designers
* Comfortable communicating with business stakeholders and users
* A desire for professional development and continued learning
* You’re self-motivated and comfortable working in an iterative environment and can take minimal direction to drive to desired goals
* Prior experience working remotely
If you don’t fit this description perfectly, in particular, if you come from an under-represented group, however, you would consider yourself a Full Stack Engineer, please apply.
* Experience integrating with 3rd party API’s like Calendar (Google/Microsoft), * Analytics Providers, SendGrid, Twilio, and others
* Knowledge of Distributed/Concurrent systems and experience utilizing microservice architecture best practices
* DevOps experience scaling cloud environments with Kubernetes
* Previous experience using AWS/Google Cloud APIs and product services
* Knowledge of continuous deployment practices, including automated testing and continuous integration
* Mobile app development experience
Our team members can look forward to:
* A fun, flexible remote work environment, with a passionate mission-oriented team
* The chance to help establish company culture, best practices, team norms, and foundations of engineering
* Competitive pay for a new and growing company
* Stock options
* Benefits not typically offered at new startups such as Health insurance and parental leave
* Unlimited flexible paid time off
* Monthly Tech stipend
The opportunity to work with a seasoned product development team
As a new company we are constantly learning and evolving, but there are a few important themes that don’t change:
We Are Autonomous
Engineers should be free to solve problems rather than work task lists. We recognize how important it is to invest in creativity and knowledge.
We build small features, frequently deploy, test, and learn from each release. Rather than ride a release train we perform multiple deployments a day so that we can realize business value as quickly as possible.
We Are Open
There are no silos here. Our engineering team works in lock-step with the other key areas of our business to build a product our customers love. We want to share our successes and learnings with each other as we continue to grow.