We’re a tech company that’s changing how people bank and think about their finances. We value empathy, curiosity, craft and efficacy. Our mission is to help people feel confident with their money. We do that by bringing humanity, elegance and ease to the consumer banking experience. And we make banking beautiful.
Simple is built upon a REST-based service-oriented architecture. We’re looking for an engineer to join the team that builds and maintains this architecture.
We value design skills, programming ability, and teamwork. You’ll be helping design and implement high-performing systems that integrate with our partners and provide the backbone for our awesome features. For the most part you’d be working in Scala, with a bit of Java and Ruby. Most of our data is stored in PostgreSQL, we use RabbitMQ and we’re hosted in AWS. We don’t require experience in our exact stack, but experience with the technologies we use is a plus.
If you have ever needed support from Simple, you know that our amazing customer service is a key differentiator of our product offering. The Tools & Service team is committed to building and supporting systems that empower our internal teams to bring the best experience to our customers when they need us. Join our collaborative, passionate team, and be part of our mission to deliver world-class service based on trust and safety.
You value open, active collaboration and work well with others, helping teammates who need it, and asking for the help you need in turn. You’re excited to pick up new skills, techniques, and technologies, and love to share what you’ve learned. You enjoy solving difficult problems such as occur in distributed systems, care about metrics, monitoring, and testing. You’re excited about working closely with people across the organization, from your direct teammates to members of ops, frontend engineers, and customer service. You want to be a part of building something beautiful and meaningful, even if user interface isn’t your specialty.
We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we’re not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention processes, as well as our office culture. We want a great coworker in addition to a great coder — passion, humor, and desire to learn matter more to us than raw technical chops. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, we say go for it, and apply!
Why Simple’s a Great Place to Work
- Based in Portland, Oregon– a beautiful place to live and work (or just see in the background if you work remotely).
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We actively consider how we can improve employees’ quality of life–both inside and outside the office.
- Committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We actually like and respect each other.
- We give a damn about what we do, both as individual contributors and as a company on a mission to change banking. We’re passionate and nerdy about our work; in fact we’re kind of that way about things outside of work, too.