Here at Trello, we celebrate the many ways we work. With a team of over one hundred, we connect from Atlanta coworking spaces, Minnesota forests, Hawaii beaches, our headquarters in lower Manhattan, and many other locations.
We expect our developers to contribute more than just code. You’ll be involved in defining how things work, what they do, and why we do that instead of something else. We also expect you to share your knowledge and expertise with everyone else. In other words, we’re all whole humans and expect the same from you. If that interests you, read on to learn more about the role.
- Add and support new features in Trello that will ship to over 19 million users.
- Work with Product Managers, Designers, and other Developers to refine feature design and functionality.
More About You
- You have experience improving large scale web applications.
- You prefer to focus on server work with occasional full-stack tasks.
- You have a passion for making features that are quick, useful, and easy to use.
- You strive to master any technology, language, or development environment that is needed or useful.
- You’re a fast learner, can contribute from day one, and can bring good opinions to the table.
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English, and communicate about what you’re doing with your coworkers.
More About Us
Our developers and designers run the show with management existing only to support, not dictate. We hire creative people and give them the autonomy to do great work. We’re strongly against artificial separations of responsibility and throwing work “over the wall.”
Our office is in New York City (but you don’t have to be).
We built Trello to be a remarkably great place to work.
We welcome all applicants regardless of race, color, ethnicity, actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, parental status, or caregiver status.
When you apply…
In your cover letter, please tell us what kind of features you like to work on, along with a brief example of that kind of feature.
Trusted by millions of people from all over the world, Trello is the easy, free, flexible, and visual way to manage your projects and organize anything.
Born out of Fog Creek Software, Trello was built to be an awesome place to work. We treat employees like royalty. That means…
- Competitive salary
- Free gym membership
- Comprehensive health insurance plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching
- Generous parental leave policy
- Four weeks paid vacation
- All-expense-paid technical conferences
We’ll make sure you have all the gear and books you need. If you’re in New York City, you’ll also get a free MetroCard, free lunch every day, and free soft drinks and snacks in our cozy office in downtown Manhattan.
We’re always looking to move Trello forward. With that comes a slew of fun, frustrating, and ultimately rewarding problems to solve. You’ll always be covering new ground and surprising yourself with what you accomplish. Your work will be seen by millions of people.
We love Trello and are dedicated to seeing it flourish. Along with a group of smart, passionate, and productive makers, your voice will be valued and you’ll have a major say in the development of the product.
Computers and networks are pretty good nowadays. There’s no reason you should have to uproot your personal life when you can do your job at home. We’ll set you up wherever you are so long as you’ve got a quiet place to work, a good Internet connection, and we can legally pay you where you live.