We’re looking for exceptional accountants who can work in one of the most unique and interesting accounting groups in the world. And we’re completely distributed! You will work alongside Automattic’s accounting team to navigate the wide range of accounting issues involved in building Automattic’s global business. All while contributing to the success of Open Source software, making the internet a better place.
Here’s what we’re currently after:
Director of Tax & Treasury
This role is critical in shaping our global footprint from a tax perspective. You will have overall responsibility to direct, coordinate, and maintain all aspects of our global direct & indirect tax activities. You’ll need a strong technical tax background especially in the areas of income tax provisions and compliance, international transaction tax experience, treasury management, and communication skills.
We’re also looking for the following things:
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of tax experience, with at least 5 to 7 leading a tax group.
- Strong general accounting skills.
- Hands on working style with the ability to multitask.
- Experience in an international high tech publicly traded company a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex and technical matters effectively.
- Operates independently with the ability to define own tasks within assigned area, gather resources and solve difficult problems.
If this sounds like you, scroll down for info on submitting your app. Also in your app, tell us why the tax accountant crossed the road?
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
Automattic wants to make the web a better place. Our family includes Jetpack, WooCommerce, Longreads, WordPress.com, and more. With WordPress.com, you can create beautiful websites and blogs for free and enhance those sites with our premium services. A fully distributed company, Automattic — celebrating ten years in 2015 — has over 500 staff in more than 50 countries.
Want to make the web a better place for more than a billion people each month? We’re hiring. Everyone works from the location they choose. We’re spread out all over the world in more than 50 countries. We track about 70 percent of our projects on P2-themed WordPress.com blogs, 25 percent in private chat rooms, and the rest on Slack. Because of the geographic variance, we’re active 24/7. We care about the work you produce, not just the hours you put in.
• Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
• Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
• We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
• Company-sponsored life insurance.
• Open maternity/paternity leave. If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
• WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
• Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
• We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe.
• Other benefits are country-specific, and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.