We are looking for an outstanding finance professional to play a wide-ranging role helping build Automattic and WordPress.com. You will work directly with key leaders across our company, including our CFO and CEO, to help drive high-quality business and financial decisions. You’ll build and maintain the forecast for our multifaceted, multinational business. You’ll lead financing, M&A, and other transactions globally, and support our existing investors.
The ideal candidate:
- Is detail-oriented and meticulous, able to build on that foundation to provide high-level insights and strategic advice.
- Has a strong analytical foundation developed in consulting, investment banking, or similar roles.
- Has exceptional analytical skills, including SQL and working with large datasets.
- Has a passion for and experience in lean, fast-growing, fast-paced software or internet companies.
- Has experience with financial planning and analysis (FP&A) in an online, software as a service, subscription, or freemium business.
This is a senior role reporting directly to the CFO, analogous to a Director-level position at other companies.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, please send a short email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us about yourself and attach a résumé. Let us know what you can contribute to the team. Include the title of the position you’re applying for and your name in the subject. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive hundreds of applications for every position, so try to make your application stand out. If you apply for multiple positions or send multiple emails there will be one reply.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
To increase your chances of standing out, please address some or all of following in your application:
- In one sentence, how would you describe the Automattic business model to someone who isn’t familiar with the company?
- What’s your favorite SaaS metric for a business like wordpress.com? Why?
- Tell us about an interesting analysis problem you’ve worked on. What made it interesting to you?
Automattic wants to make the web a better place. Our family includes Jetpack, WooCommerce, Longreads, WordPress.com, and more. With WordPress.com, you can create beautiful websites and blogs for free and enhance those sites with our premium services. A fully distributed company, Automattic — celebrating ten years in 2015 — has over 500 staff in more than 50 countries.
Want to make the web a better place for more than a billion people each month? We’re hiring. Everyone works from the location they choose. We’re spread out all over the world in more than 50 countries. We track about 70 percent of our projects on P2-themed WordPress.com blogs, 25 percent in private chat rooms, and the rest on Slack. Because of the geographic variance, we’re active 24/7. We care about the work you produce, not just the hours you put in.
• Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
• Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
• We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
• Company-sponsored life insurance.
• Open maternity/paternity leave. If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
• WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
• Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
• We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe.
• Other benefits are country-specific, and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.