Elite Daily is seeking an enthusiastic Celebrity Writer to join our Entertainment Team. Are you an entertainment junkie who keeps up with the royal family as much as the Kardashians? Did you dissect every lyric in Ariana Grande’s new album and then research her entire life story so you can school all your friends at brunch on what her latest single really means? Are you constantly refreshing your Twitter feed to see what the BTS ARMY is freaking out over today? If yes, then Elite Daily’s Celebrity Writer position is for you.
Interested applicants should have extensive knowledge of and be passionate about celebrity culture and music, should exhibit strong news judgment, have a unique perspective and voice, and possess the ability to turn around thoughtful, clean, and engaging content on the celebrities and musicians Elite Daily’s readers are obsessed with on tight deadlines.
Writers will cover anything and everything celebrity, music, and pop culture related. This includes breaking news coverage, coverage of album releases, singles, videos, tour information, and social media updates of interest.
Candidates should have at least 1+ years of experience in reporting, writing, and/or blogging, with a love for all things music and celebrity. Bonus points if your background or experience lends itself to covering news from a unique perspective.
Writers will work remotely.
We’re looking for writers with availability to work Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
- Ability to write 3 articles per day, covering celebrity and music news
- Find and pitch stories throughout the day that cater to Elite Daily’s voice and style
- Package posts for both search and social optimization, with enticing headlines and teasers
- Cover upcoming album releases, singles, videos, tour information, and social media updates of interest
- Availability to work remotely Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET
- 1+ years reporting/blogging/writing experience
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- A passion for celebrity and music news
- Pitch-perfect news judgment
- A strong voice, unique perspective, and innovative ideas
- Proficient at writing in AP Style