Are you the person your friends all turn to for dating advice? Do you follow relationship drama from everyone from the Kardashians to the royal family to the Bachelor cast? Do you often wonder about how dating apps, social media, texting, psychology, and astrology impact your love life? If yes, then Elite Daily’s Dating Writer position is for you.
Elite Daily is seeking a Dating Writer who is obsessed with dating and celebrity relationships. Interested applicants should have extensive knowledge of and be comfortable writing about sex, sexuality, single life, dating, relationships, breakups, and celebrity relationships. Candidates should have a unique perspective and voice, possess the ability to turn around thoughtful, clean, and engaging content, and be comfortable writing both news stories and service stories on tight deadlines. Experience with breaking news is a plus. At least 1+ years of experience in reporting, writing, and/or blogging is preferred.
Writers will work remotely. We’re looking for writers with availability to work three shifts per week, either 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET or 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET.
- Write 3 articles per day — a mix of celebrity relationship news stories and service stories
- Find and pitch stories throughout the day that cater to Elite Daily’s audience
- Package posts for both search and social optimization, with enticing headlines and images
- 1+ years of reporting, writing, and/or blogging experience
- Familiarity with interviewing experts and SEO best practices
- A passion for dating and relationships
- Knowledge of popular, trending celebrity couples
- Pitch-perfect news judgment
- A strong voice, unique perspective, and sharp writing skills
- Proficiency writing in AP Style
- Availability to work remotely
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands – Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report – to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London