Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 53 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. Nearly 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,300 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning. They also work to shape public conversations on the future of education and work. The team is segmented into four areas of focus: Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Communications. The team is currently focused on expanding the reach of Coursera’s brand, attracting students to degree programs, bringing new customers to Coursera for Business, and creating a marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
As an Affiliate Marketing Associate on the Consumer Marketing team, you’ll manage our top affiliate accounts, recruit new affiliates and grow our affiliate campaigns in order to drive revenue for Coursera. On a day to day, you will manage existing affiliate relationships and manage both outreach and inbound for new affiliate relationships. On a long-term basis, this role has the potential to directly support the 3-year vision of the company by being at the forefront of one of Coursera’s most profitable and successful channels for new customer acquisition.
To be successful in this role, you will drive top and longtail affiliates to promote Coursera through campaigns that allow the channel to hit acquisition targets consistently and profitably. You will work with the paid advertising team to leverage learnings from other paid channels into the affiliate accounts you manage to drive new customer acquisition. You partner with our analysts to apply the data-driven insights from affiliates across the entire program, and you work cross-functionally with brand and product to ensure we are driving performance and effectively communicating our brand.
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the affiliate marketing program, including uploading of assets, creation of text links, and affiliate offers.
- Manage inbound pipeline of publisher approvals, onboarding and inquiries.
- Lead the strategy and execution of the inbound and outbound affiliate acquisition strategy.
- Manage & build long-term profitable relationships with Coursera’s top affiliates sites.
- Strategize and execute communications at scale with our affiliate program.
- Be a key contributor in our relationships with our vendor, Rakuten Linkshare, in order to enable program innovation.
- Report and Analyze affiliate program success using internal data analytics tools.
- 1+ years experience in sales, account management or marketing (with a focus on customer or client acquisition)
- Experience managing and successfully executing marketing campaigns or sales outreach processes
- Self-starter able to manage multiple projects
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and a creative mindset
- Strong time management capabilities
- Strong passion for online education and understanding of the higher education landscape a plus
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Digital Marketing Specialization
- Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills
- Sales Training: Techniques for a Human-Centric Sales Process
- Foundations of Marketing Analytics Specialization
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.